Friday 4 April 2014

Carnivale

Back to blogging has been my NewYear's resolution!
 I will update the newer cakes that I've been baking in our home kitchen.
Lets start off with one of my favorites from last year April 2013.

This was a carnival inspired cake. I baked this for a birthday party which had a Venetian Carnival dress code.I loved combining lace and  feathers to the cake. The highlight were the peacock feathers which adorned the top tierand the handmade lifesized sugar masks.

What i thought was very unique about this cake was the colour choice.
 In Thailand, black is considered a colour that is strictly used for funerals and mourning.
It's hard to find anyone that would use this colour theme for a birthday cake.

I really applauded my client, who as a modern Thai believes that black shouldn't be a taboo colour. Black is beautiful and one of the most fantastic when decorated on a cake. It's solid elegance really makes the cake striking especially combined with other colours such as turquoise gold and white.


This was indeed one of my most favorite of 2013.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perkenalkan, saya dari tim kumpulbagi. Saya ingin tau, apakah kiranya anda berencana untuk mengoleksi files menggunakan hosting yang baru?
Jika ya, silahkan kunjungi website ini www.kumpulbagi.com untuk info selengkapnya.

Di sana anda bisa dengan bebas share dan mendowload foto-foto keluarga dan trip, music, video, resepi dalam jumlah dan waktu yang tidak terbatas, setelah registrasi terlebih dahulu. Gratis :)